Tours starting January 1, 2014 would be referred to Travel & Tours Agencies in Coron. The rates would now depend on their respective published rates. This is in preparation on the supposed changes on Coron Tourism policies. I will post further updates once the specific guidelines in Coron are out.
Here are some referral links:
For an alternative provision starting 2014, I have created a direct boat rent site. Please go to this link: http://corontourboat.wordpress.com/
Who Is Behind DIY Coron?
- I am Owen Floro J. Ferrer III. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- I founded or started this tour provision in Coron.
- I am staying at Imus, Cavite.
- I have my day work at General Trias, Cavite.
- Providing tours to Coron is my night job. That is why I am able to reply to emails during the night only on weekdays, and whole days on weekends (if I am not on a trip).
What Is DIY Coron?
- DIY Coron is a provision in making a tour in Coron, Palawan.
- This site provides some information and reference about Coron and Calamianes Group of Islands.
- This site provides a venue for making a Joining or Exclusive Group Tour.
- This is not a tour agency package tour. The site is a portal site, a referral site, or a tour provision site. You will be referred to a Travel & Tour Agency In Coron.
- The concept of DIY Coron is that you organize your tour yourself through this provision/portal site.
How Does DIY Coron System Works?
DIY Coron system works by
- Read the pages and posts on this site.
- Choose the tour (from the post) you wish to avail.
- Fill-up the Reservation Form.
- After submitting the form, you will receive a notification in your email. This means that the form submission is successful.
- I will be sending you, via email, a “Tour Offer”. This “Tour Offer” will be the agreement or “terms & conditions” between you and the referred Travel & Tour Agent in Coron. Here, you will see the detailed itinerary, the tour cost to be paid, and the terms & conditions.
- If you are availing the “Tour Offer”, make the reservation deposit as indicated. Email email@example.com when deposit is made.
- After making the deposit, you will be given a confirmation of the reservation deposit and of the agreement (via email) – I call this as Initial Note. Here, you will see almost the same content in the “Tour Offer” plus the reservation deposit made. Any updates would also be reflected here.
- One week before the trip date, a Final Note will be emailed to you. This would be the updated agreement, reflecting any of the uncontrollable events and cost components in the agreement. Here, you will see the same content in the Initial Note plus the contact number or details of your Tour Coordinator in Coron.
- Then, tour proper. Upon arrival in Coron, the tour coordinator (sometimes the boat captain) will contact or meet you to coordinate your tour. Pay the balance to the tour coordinator (or the boat captain) before the tour starts.
Other Things To Know:
- Boat Rent – which includes the boat and its crew (who acts as guide and cook), boat fuel, life vest, and snorkel mask.
- Van Rent – which includes the van and the driver, van fuel, and acts as a coordinator also in your tour.
- Picnic Lunch & Snacks – rather than a buffet type of lunch, picnic lunch or picnic meal type is provided here. The boatman who offers this food arrangement will buy your food ahead of time, then they will cook it (grilled) for you and prepare it for you (utensils included).
- 4 Meals 2 Snacks or 3 Meals 2 Snacks – this is the usual food offer for those availing island overnight in the tour.
- Entrance Fee / Island Overnight Fee – this is a pay actual on-the-spot thing by default. This can be paid directly in every spots or you may give the whole amount to the boatman or van driver before the tour starts. For some tour agents, the entrance fee could be incorporated in the tour offer.
- Tricycle Rent – which includes the tricycle and the driver, tricycle fuel, and acts as a coordinator also in your tour.
- Airport Transfer – which is presently at standard price of P300/person round trip. This (by riding in our contact van drivers) is also one way of contacting DIY Coron if you don’t have mobile phone with you.
- Boat Station Transfer – also called as tricycle fetch, is the direct transfer from your lodging to boat station and from boat station to lodging.
- Lodging Offer – is an offer made by the Travel & Tour Agent in Coron, which just basically assists you in your lodging search in Coron. You have the option to include breakfast and transfers.
- Tour Coordinator – this is your contact person in Coron that provides coordination service between you and tour service providers.
- Boat Captain – in absence of a tour coordinator, the boat captain will act as your direct contact for your boat tour only. Note that they only handle boat tour concerns.